- What is a “Pastoral Area”?
To foster pastoral care by means of common action, several neighbouring parishes can be joined together in special groups, such as vicariates forane. (Can. 374 §2) We call this joining together of parishes ‘Pastoral Areas’. A Pastoral Area includes a number of parishes and many Catholic communities such as:
- Primary Schools
- Prison and Hospital Chaplaincies
- Marae, parish and community based Maori Chaplaincies
- Religious communities
- Ethnic chaplaincies
- Movements and other service organisations
- Small Christian Communities and Prayer Groups
- Which Pastoral Area is the Cathedral a part of?
The Cathedral is part of the Wellington Central Pastoral Area which also includes: